Monday, December 12, 2005

Elaine B.


My parents faithfully took me to church from the time I was two weeks old, so I was taught about God and His Son Jesus from a very early age. In childlike faith I accepted Jesus Christ as my Savior at the age of six. However, I do specifically remember the first time I actually contemplated the thought of God. I was about 7 or 8 years old.

It was one day when I was looking in the mirror, not to brush my teeth or fix my hair, but more staring in the mirror because I was bored and had nothing else to do. The more I looked, the deeper my thoughts became. Not to sound corny, but it was almost as though I looked in through my eyes and into my soul. The more I looked the more I wondered about who I was and why was I here. I guess for a moment the world went away and I was just focused in on me and my life. I felt small and alone. I remember feeling scared because I don't think I had ever thought that deep before.

My thoughts then turned to God and the things that I had been taught in Sunday School became very practical and made sense. God made me. God knows who I am. God loves me and will take care of me, and I will never be alone.

I then stopped looking in the mirror and went and rode my bike.

Elaine B.

No comments: